OK, so you have decided that it’s about time...about time for what? Let’s get serious, it’s not all about exercise, it’s about creating a well-rounded foundation for health and longevity. How do you plan on starting this journey in 2019?
Here are a few of my thoughts to get you on track for success:
1. You cannot go cold turkey, it just doesn’t work. They have tons of research on this as it relates to addiction, and guess what?? Most of us are addicted to our unhealthy food choices, which is why it seems so horrible to get on the right path. But amazingly enough once you start to feel different and look different; it’s a pretty cool thing. So here’s your first task, Drink More Water! Your goal is 8-10 glasses of water per day, basically (as strange as this sounds) you want your urine to be clear!
2. Start to sweat every day, yes you can take a class or go to the gym, but you could also put a little more power into your everyday chores such as house cleaning, gardening, impromptu dancing and more. Park further away from where you’re going or even put a little hop into your step. The goal is to sweat, each day!
3. Let’s work on eliminating those terrible tyrants that put weight on our bodies. Now I’m not telling you stop these all together, what I would like you to do is become more aware that these are the bad guys and see if you could cut down your current portions to at least half. So what are these horrible menaces….Sugar, Flour, Dairy and Alcohol! Yup the center of all processed foods, I know that this is the hardest thing for anyone to do, but again, I’m only asking you to take note and work on cutting these down to half of what you are now eating. You can do it!
4. Let’s try replacing what you have cut out from #3 with fruits or vegetables; I’m not going to be picky right now, chose whichever you wish or even a combination of your favorites. You can even blend them up into a smoothie if that makes them go down better.
5. In the privacy of your own home let’s try to add in the following exercises with 2 sets of 10 repetitions, 2 times per week:
a. Push-ups – Try these off a wall or on the floor from either your knees or toes
b. Squats – This is basically sitting down on a chair and the minute your tush hits the seat, you stand right back up
c. Crunches – Lying on the floor with your knees bent and your feet off the floor, hands behind the head (but only to hold the weight of your head), now tighten your abdominals so tight that they lift your head, neck, and shoulders off the floor
d. Lunges – Step one leg out in front so that when you bend both knees and lower your body, both knees have a 90 degree bend. Lift and lower yourself only on one side for 10, then switch to the other side.
6. Sleep is such an important commodity for both weight loss and longevity. Your room needs to be pitch dark, cover up all those LED lights and anything else that peaks through from your gadgets. And work on creating a sleep ritual so that you’re out like a light! There're some wonderful teas out there, move your action packed shows for earlier in the evening, and read a bit before bed – whatever works.
When setting goals, it's all about taking one step at a time. It’s one thing to talk about a goal and it’s another to write it down with a full plan of action. Decide which things you want to tackle first, create measurable steps to get you there and create a few rewards to entice you to meet those steps head on. You can do this and just think of the wonderful enhancements your body will receive for your efforts – It’s a Win-Win situation!
In Peace, Love, and Health for 2019,
PS - SuperPowers, A Busy Woman's Guide to Health and Happiness - Have you purchased my NEW book yet. I wrote it with so much love for all my multi-tasking crazy friends that need a bit more self care in their lives. It's written with super easy techniques to bring in exercise, great food, relaxation, and even a few giggles into your day to day. If not for you, maybe for a friend or relative.
Buy it TODAY and email me the receipt number and I will give you access to my 6 top home workout videos, and a 30-minute consultation via phone or Skype with me (that is a $200 value). CLICK HERE to buy, and send me an email to let me know - info@AditaLang.com.
Let me know what you’d like to see for future posts or recipes in the comments section below. And don’t forget to SHARE this with all your peeps, Thank You!
©Copyright 2019, Adita Lang
Adita Lang works with individuals and groups to maximize their health through exercise and nutrition, both through Coaching and Public Speaking. Feel free to email me: info@AditaLang.com
For past recipes, coaching, and more, visit me at www.AditaLang.com