We have a new year coming around the corner, what are your goals? I see it every year, many of the same goals keep coming back year after year but for whatever reason there’s something that tends to stop us from really reaching those goals the way we should. Your health is that thing that will propel you to success beyond words. You work so hard to make a living, to have a career, or to follow your passion, but yet if you’re not energized and lean your successes will be short-lived.
Let’s take 2019 A little further this time, create a plan to make changes that are actually gonna stay with you for a lifetime, put your health at the forefront, and I would like to help you. Here are my top five tips for you to kick start your 2019, let’s give these a try, and if you get stuck send me an email I will write back:
1. Decrease your sugars to only one per meal, but remember it’s not just sugar, it's flour, dairy, and alcohol as well. So make your choice, if you want a sandwich, that’s fine but don’t add cheese. If you choose the bread, then don't drink the sugary soft drink. This is where choices are key, you chose the bread so fill the sandwich with veggies and quality protein, you can even have a bit of fruit on the side as a sweet treat.
2. Get your body moving. That old adage of parking the car further so you have to walk, is actually a good one. Use the stairs and get your exercise minutes in throughout your day. Every time you increase your heart rate, even a little, and break out to a bit of a sweat, you actually kick start your metabolism. The more your metabolism is running throughout the day, the more calories you burn doing your ordinary tasks, and that is awesome!
3. There's no replacement for water, water is water. The purpose of drinking something is actually for hydration it’s not just to spike up your energy or give you flavor, these are the things society has told us, but actually provides so many calories that it’s totally not worth it. Drink your water and a lot of it. The more hydrated you are during your day the more calories you burn when you exercise or move your body around town.
4. Watch those hunger pains, if you get to your next meal starving that means that the proportions of your carbohydrates, proteins, and quality fats are not up to par. Look back at your earlier meal and consciously decide how you could’ve made it better. Then, for your next meal, you should be right on track. When you get to your next meal famished, this is when you are more likely to eat all those things that you shouldn't be eating in the first place. The funny thing is that it’s really not about calories, it’s about the proportions of your carbohydrates, proteins, and quality fats!
5. I’ve said it before, and I will say it again, lift heavy things! The more muscle you have on your body, the more calories you burn doing ordinary things, drop down and do some push-ups, maybe throw in a few squats while you’re brushing your teeth, and then somewhere in your day make it to the gym. It doesn’t have to be for hours, just a few minutes of a couple of simple exercises will actually increase your muscle tissue and make you a calorie burning machine.
At the end of the day, you really need to want it! I see so many people trying to lose weight because they think others would like them better, or they’re doing it for their spouse, or some other silly excuse. Your health and your weight are 100% your responsibility, and you are the only person who can really want it bad enough to make a change. If you have been struggling with this, as so many I work with have, take a little time out this new year and journal a bit and reevaluate what has been blocking you from taking the steps necessary to make your health a priority. Like I said earlier, feel free to email me, I work with clients both live or via Skype and I would really like to help you reach your goals for 2019 because I know you can do it!
With Love and Light,
PS - SuperPowers, A Busy Woman's Guide to Health and Happiness - Have you purchased my NEW book yet. I wrote it with so much love for all of my multi-tasking crazy friends that need a bit more self care in their lives. It is written with super easy techniques to bring in exercise, great food, relaxation, and even a few giggles into your day to day. If not for you, maybe for a friend or relative.
Buy it TODAY and email me the receipt number and I will give you access to my 6 top home workout videos, and a 30 minute consultation via phone or skype with me (that is a $200 value). CLICK HERE to purchase, and send me an email to let me know - info@AditaLang.com.
Don’t forget to SHARE this with all your peeps, we need to spread the love. Thank You!
©Copyright 2019, Adita Lang
Adita Lang works with individuals and groups to maximize their health through exercise and nutrition, both through Coaching and Public Speaking. Feel free to email me: info@AditaLang.com
For recipes, and more visit me at www.AditaLang.com