Covid 19 is changing the way we think and live for who knows how long. It has highlighted the fact that our immune system is IMPORTANT and we should be taking better car of ourselves from the inside out.
Working from home has brought with it an endless supply of snacks and treats throughout the day. Keeping the refrigerator at arms length is too close for comfort, if we don’t stock it with the right foods to fuel us for success.
Snacks come with a host of unhealthy ingredients and processed sugars. Most processed sugars will make you overweight, but that doesn’t have to impact the flavor of your foods. My goal is all about flavor and nutrition because at the end of the day food is fuel, and the right fuel will energize and empower your system, while keeping your immune system SuperPower strong. Here are my top “go to” snacks to keep you on your plan.
1. Sliced Apple with Raw Almond Butter – when I am in a pinch, this quick treat will keep me feeling great for quite a bit of time.
2. Raw Almond Butter and Dates – Take out the pits of a yummy Medjool date and spoon in raw almond butter. These stay great in an airtight container for about 5 days so you can easily keep a few for a grab and go snack.
3. Ants in a Log – Chop up a few celery stalks about 2 inches each. Fill the crevasse with raw almond butter and top it with a few dried Mulberries. I place these on a cookie sheet in the refrigerator and they last for 3-4 days, unless someone else from the family finds my stash.
4. Trail Mix – In a large mixing bowl pour in equal amounts of raw almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds. Then throw in mulberries, goji berries, and unsweetened coconut flakes and mix it all up. You can easily store this in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
5. Turkey Guacamole Wrap – Start off with a big, flat collard green leaf. From here top it with some good organic turkey slices and guacamole. Then wrap it up to go and enjoy. Guacamole is an easy treat to whip up: Smash up an avocado and add in some chopped onion, tomatoes, and a bit of salt and lemon to taste. This yummy treat is best enjoyed fresh, just a thought!
6. Avocado Chicken Salad – Anything you would use mayo for, you can use an avocado! Cook up some chicken, chop it up and mix it well with an avocado. Add a bit of salt to taste, maybe even a few sun-dried tomatoes and serve on top of some chopped kale.
7. Blueberry Bowl – In a bowl add in a ½ cup of blueberries, 2 tablespoons of dried unsweetened coconut flakes, and 1 tablespoon of raw almond butter. Mix it up and enjoy.
8. Kale Chop Salad – With the use of a food processor, chop up your kale to small pieces. Place the kale in a bowl, add in blueberries, cacao nibs, chopped almonds, and sundried tomatoes. Garnish with olive oil and salt and this power salad will keep you going for hours.
Fruits and vegetables only last so long, before you become famished. The key is to combine them with a quality protein and fat so that they will stay in your system, providing energy, for a longer period of time. When I design my snacks and meals it is all about nutrition and the proportions that will keep me energized for hours.
Need a good Read?
For more inspiration and health tips that seamlessly fit into the craziest of days, Check out my books:
SuperPowers, A Busy Woman's Guide to Health and Happiness and
SuperPowers of the Family Kitchen
available at www.AditaLang.com/store
©Copyright 2020, Adita Lang
Adita Lang works with individuals and groups to maximize their health through exercise and nutrition, both through Coaching and Public Speaking. Feel free to email me: info@AditaLang.com
Need more recipes, visit me at www.Aditalang.com