I was recently in a coaching session, and guess what?? I wasn't the coach, someone else was, gotta love that. Anyways, I have been working on my book for over a year now and it is time to "make it happen", "move it forward", but as so many of us do, I have stepped into my own way and slowed down my momentum.
If you have noticed my hashtag #SuperPowers, that is all part of the theme. My first book is called SuperPowers, A Busy Woman's Guide to Health and Happiness. I created this to help all my peeps, including myself, survive the hamster wheel of life, the juggling of way too many things at one time, and the over extending that we all do to please others, organized in a way to help you incorporate good foods, exercise, and quality ME time to SuperCharge you to the next level.
When life hits you with a side swipe you have 2 choices, complain and whine or ramp up your powers to Superhuman potential, and let me tell you, I choose the later! So after a good hour of my venting, came enlightenment, and regrouping (ok, maybe not exactly like that, but that was my interpretation of it) she changed the way I looked at all of it.
Yes, you heard it correct, after I spilled out my guts to my coach, and what I hoped to be my new best friend, she sat back, thought for a brief moment and then let me have it. Well, not really, I thought for sure she would give me the old adage...you are overworked and stressed, instead she just smiled and said "you are in the midst of a Superhuman experience, enjoy it and grow from it". OMG that did not come out of her mouth, oh yes it did.
So when you look at all of the crazy in your day and your not too sure of how to get it all done, or if it's even worth your while, take a moment and think of these 5 tips.
1. Do something for yourself everyday! Yup, even if it is only for 5 minutes. That time dedicated to YOU will help recharge your battery and provide clarity in your thoughts and feelings.
2. Processed foods, heavy foods, and junk will only slow you down and fog up your brain. Foods have a direct relationship to how you feel and think and when we are at our most disheveled selves we need all the clarity we can get. Focus on good quality foods with minimal to no processing.
3. Make sleep a priority - Did you know that we physically recuperate from 10pm to 2am and mentally recuperate between 2am and 6am? Oh yes, if you are traversing your day with a lack of sleep night after night, your physical and mental recover are getting the short end of the stick.
4. Surround yourself with positive chatter. One of my new obsessions is listening to motivational YouTube videos every morning as I am getting ready for my day. It's a meditation of sorts that charges me up for anything that gets in my way. Check out my favorites HERE (and be sure to join my channel while you are there).
5. GET HELP - I don't necessarily mean a coach or therapist, I mean someone to help you do the tasks that you hate doing. What's a few buck for a few minutes of sanity. You deserve it, I know that is hard to ingest but yes...YOU DESERVE THE HELP. I know we think we can do it all, but guess what, no one will look down at us for asking for a helping hand.
Remember you control your day, your time, your thoughts, your actions, YES YOU! we try to toss it over to others but at the end, it all comes from us. The mean man that yelled at us in the store made us mad, not by what he said, it was all by how we interpreted it. Take responsibility for everything in your world and things will start to have new meaning and your Superhuman Powers will amp up and lead you to your next adventure, Enjoy the ride.